Advising & Forms
NRES Department Academic Advisor
Sara Arnett (Bynum)
Note: To make appointment please email email@example.com
Sara Arnett (Bynum), the NRES Academic Advisor, assists undergraduate students with:
- Proper course selection and degree requirements
- Using and interpreting the Degree Progress Report
- Understanding and adhering to academic policies
- Supporting students on academic probation, disqualification, and readmission to the university
- Providing suggestions and referrals for other campus support services
The CAFES Peer Advising Center is staffed with well-trained, experienced students to help with schedule planning (PASS, Registration, PolyPlanner, etc.) and related general academic questions.
Please note: Meagan Groom will be taking over Sara Arnett's responsibilities while she is away on maternity leave. Please contact CAFES advising with any questions.
CAFES Peer Advising
|Day of Week||Advising Hours||Peer Advisor||Major|
|Monday||9 am - 12 pm |
1 pm - 2 pm
|Matt||ENVM||2 pm - 4 pm||Morgan||EES|
|Tuesday||1:30 pm - 4 pm||Morgan||EES|
|Wednesday||11 am - 12 pm |
1 pm - 4 pm
|Thursday||1:30 pm - 4 pm||Morgan||EES|
For further information please visit the CAFES Advising Website.
NRES faculty provide additional advising for students. Each student is assigned a faculty academic advisor based on academic focus. However, students are usually at liberty to meet with the faculty member of their choice from their major program, providing it is mutually agreeable between the student and the faculty advisor. Advisor list is available in Department Office Bld 180 Rm 209.
Links and Curriculum Documents
Major-Specific Advising Pages
- Environmental Earth & Soil Sciences
- Environmental Management & Protection
- Forestry & Natural Resources
Note: Course flow charts and curriculum sheets for all majors.
Declare Concentration or Minor
To declare a concentration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of "Concentration/Last Name".
In the body of the email, provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Empl ID
- Catalog Year (i.e., 11-13, 13-15, 15-17, etc.)
- Concentration you wish to pursue* - Please include the official name for your chosen concentration.
* Make sure your chosen concentration is available for the catalog you are following.
Refer to http://www.catalog.calpoly.edu for the current catalog.
If you are declaring an Individualized Course of Study (ICS), an ICS form must be signed by a faculty advisor. ICS forms are available in the NRES department office in Building 180, Room 209.
Senior Project Course Options
Change of Major Policies and Procedures
Change of Major Procedures:
Students interested an NRES major must first consult with NRES Academic Advisor, Sara Arnett (Bynum). Email email@example.com, or call (805) 756-7574 to schedule an appointment.
After meeting with the advisor, please set up a meeting to develop an ICMA with the Department Head, Professor Greg Brown, by calling the department office, 756-6390